Quilting--It's A Passion

Welcome to my quilting blog! I can't believe that it has taken me so long to find a place where I can talk about my passion for quilting. But here I am, finally, and I have given myself permission to talk about quilting until I have nothing left to say (and that could take a while)! I hope that the things I share here on my blog will be helpful to other quilters or, even more importantly, that someone will be inspired to start quilting because I made it look fun, easy, and rewarding! I'm convinced that if you try making just ONE quilt block, you'll be hooked--and you'll realize that quilting is an art that has endless possibilities!

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Babydoll Quilt


After I finished the quilt for my daughter's second baby girl, I decided that maybe it would be fun to do something with all of the scraps that I had left over. Soooo...I made a babydoll quilt for big sister! I made 4 quick log cabin blocks and framed them with several borders. The binding was made from all of the left over scraps joined together. Instead of taking the time to hand quilt it, I did it the quick way (on the sewing machine). Guess what--three-year-olds don't care HOW you quilt their blankets and it will probably hold up better in the washing machine anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment