Quilting--It's A Passion

Welcome to my quilting blog! I can't believe that it has taken me so long to find a place where I can talk about my passion for quilting. But here I am, finally, and I have given myself permission to talk about quilting until I have nothing left to say (and that could take a while)! I hope that the things I share here on my blog will be helpful to other quilters or, even more importantly, that someone will be inspired to start quilting because I made it look fun, easy, and rewarding! I'm convinced that if you try making just ONE quilt block, you'll be hooked--and you'll realize that quilting is an art that has endless possibilities!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Prepare to Drive Yourself Crazy!


If you've just discovered the world of quilting, there's something that you should know. You will never look at a fabric scrap in the same way ever again! (I'm laughing wickedly as I say this.) Every quilter I know has endless sacks, boxes, and even cupboards full of scraps. Why? Because you just never know when you will NEED one of those tiny scraps. I can't tell you how many times I've stood agonizing over a tiny nickel-sized piece of one of my favorite fabrics, wondering if I should toss it or not. I'm attaching a photo of a crazy quilt block that I made one day when I was bored. I wanted to see how it would look if I used some of my tiny 30's reproduction scraps to make a crazy quilt. This block is a 3-1/2" square. I think it turned out pretty cute, and I have lots of 30's reproduction scraps because they're one of my favorites. Maybe that will be my next project--after the baby quilt, of course. Now--good luck throwing away those infinitesimal scraps!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I am officially your first follower, but for some reason I can't upload a picture. I'll try and figure it out later.

    ReplyDelete